Thursday, July 29, 2010

Observant little guy

Lucas is starting to become more aware of his hands, mainly because of the constant use of his new gym, and is also starting to become much more aware of his surroundings. I especially notice it when we go out on our walks. Today I went walking with my neighbor Nadine who has an adorable 7 month old baby, Astou. It is obvious that Lucas stares at everything as we walk by and especially loves the fans in our house. When we were done with the walk, Astou reached over and touched Lucas' face and they both smiled - so cute! Lucas also entertained himself in the swing for a few minutes after waking up from a nap with cooing and gurgling. He might have continued a bit longer except that Andres and I were so astounded by the noises that we entered the room to see if Lucas was ok. It is also obvious, to me anyway, that Lucas is now starting the teething process. He is blowing bubbles, drooling, shoving his fingers in his mouth and was even biting the side of the front carrier today. He has also been moodier than usual. I initially thought that he might have an ear ache because I also noticed that he seems to grab his ear lately. When I asked Faith in class what that means she said "that he has noticed his ear." Ha! I also asked Faith about vaccines today since Lucas is getting his two month vaccines next week. She recommened I read a book called "The Vaccine Book" by Robert Sears and personally prefers the Dr. Bob's Alternative Vaccine Schedule to the AAP Vaccine Schedule. From what I can gather, the difference is that in the alternative schedule your baby is getting half as many shots every month up until 7 months versus once every two months. Andres and I continue to read to him every day and I recently bought him two very beautiful books called "I Love You Through and Through" and another book about Sleepy Time...an important topic for mommy these days!! Gramma is coming to visit tomorrow for a week, which we are very excited about. Andres and I are going to attempt another date night AND Gramma is going to give Lucas the first bottle that he will have in the past three weeks or so since the incidence of his last Boob Boycott.

No comments:

Post a Comment