Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Blood Cord Banking

One of the most important things I did to plan for my baby's
arrival was to arrange for his cord blood to be stored. Thank god
my older sister had her baby first as I basically copied everything that
she did...and continue to harrass her with a million questions! We went with CBR, since that is who Gabriela used and they store the cells in
Arizona which seems to be a safe location away from earthquakes,
hurricanes, etc. Other things that I copied from Gabriela included the
hospital where she gave birth (Baptist off of Kendall Drive) and her
doctor, that she was thrilled with. It ended up being a great choice and
towards the end of the pregnancy I met the other two doctors in the
practice, since any one of the three could be there for my baby's
delivery. The only "joke" that I didn't find that hysterical was when one of
the doctors asked if I "ate Haggen Daz for breakfast" with all of
my weight gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment