Monday, September 6, 2010

Jack Johnson Concert...

...on August 26th in West Palm Beach - only a couple of days after my Orlando escape. If I had realized this fact, I might have thought twice about going to Orlando and being away from Lucas for so long in such a short amount of time. I had purchased the ticket for the concert before Lucas was born and thought it might be a great outing to have some fun with my friend Annette and celebrate Lucas turning three months old. Annette and I had a grrreat time! The seats were great, the music wonderful and the weather perfect. Unfortunately Lucas and Daddy didn't have such a spectacular night. This was the first time that someone other than myself was putting Lucas to sleep and he wasn't feelin' it - to say the least! I left the house at 4pm and didn't return until midnight. Lucas slept for only half an hour during that entire time and, when I waltzed through the door, Andres was sitting in the reclining chair in the dark, with the baby in arms looking very upset. I convinced Annette to leave the concert a few songs early (to avoid the massive traffic that we would surely encounter if we had stayed until the end) after receiving a text message that Lucas was behaving extremely badly. I told Andres that I should be home by midnight according to the navigator and at 11:58, I recieve a text saying "Where are you? I am going to kill him." It was ugly! A solid week of Andres sleeping in the extra room followed this incident. Lucas is wearing a Jack Johnson onesie that I bought at the concert. It is for 6 mth old babies and fits him, although a bit big. It's as if Lucas knew that he was in deep water and treading on thin ice, because the very next morning is when he laughed for the first time. I made a duck sound that he found especially hilarious - check out the video here.

No comments:

Post a Comment